This is cause I told my mom I'd send her the receipe and then I thought someone else might care. It is very yummy and very easy... I don't know which is better, easy or yummy....
On another note, Halía has turned into a nightmare eater and sleeper. Today, Saturday morning, we had the first poo since Monday night. It is amazing how much someone else´s bowel movements can occupy my mind. I am quite giddy that she is moving things along again. And they weren't even firm since I know you were wondering. But, she also breast fed SEVEN times in the last 24 hours, and almost as bad the few days before. Jan says this is what helped her poo but I know different. She has figured out that because mommy is lazy and gives her a boob at any nighttime noise she is going to take full advantage. Mommy is seriously considering buying a bottle and formula today with a little pack called Buenas Noches, which apparently works wonders at getting them through the night. I don´t care what, if any, drugs are in it, but if there are, then I want some too. I had a point to all this, but I´m too tired to remember what it is. I can handle a cut and paste though, so here is the recipe. Too bad I can´t spell.
Chickpea and Leek Soup
12 oz chickpeas, soaked overnight in water (obviously I use jarred ones)
1 medium potato, peeled
6 leek, finely, sliced
1 tbsp olive oil
knob of butter
2 cloves of garlic, finely, sliced
salt
freshly ground pepper
850 ml chicken or vegetable stock
2 handful parmesan cheese, grated (it is worth the effort of having fresh on hand because it makes it is so good. but i'm a sucker for parmesan.)
extra virgin olive oil
Directions:
Chickpea and Leek Soup
Rinse the soaked chickpeas, cover with water, and cook with the potato until tender.
Remove the outer skin of the leeks, slice lengthways from the root up, wash carefully and slice finely.
Warm a thick-bottomed pan, and add the tablespoon of oil and the knob of butter. Add the leeks and garhc to the pan, and sweat gently with a good pinch of salt until tender and sweet.
Add the drained chickpeas and potato and cook for 1 minute. Add about two-thirds of the stock and simmer for 15 minutes.
Purée half the soup in a food processor and leave the other half chunky this gives a lovely smooth comforting feel but also keeps a bit of texture.
Now add enough of the remaining stock to achieve the consistency you like. Check for seasoning, and add Parmesan to taste to round off the flavours.
This is classy enough for a starter, but I like it best for lunch in a big bowl with a good drizzle of my best peppery extra virgin olive oil, a grinding of black pepper and an extra sprinkling of Parmesan.
And to give the boy his dues.
© Jamie Oliver 2002
http://www.jamieoliver.com
sábado, 22 de marzo de 2008
Suscribirse a:
Enviar comentarios (Atom)
1 comentario:
Well it's obvious what's wrong with your daughter. You wrote down in public that she was lovely. Silly girl. No caveat anywhere in that post to offset the jinx... this could last a few days. Next time you'll know better.
It's either that or maybe an 8 month sleep regression plus a hint of growth spurt? It will end.
And there's nothing wrong with anything that makes your daughter sleep - it's why God made chemical laboratories.
Did I mention this will end?
Maybe the other reason you want your mum around during the lovelies is so that she can come back and rescue you from the "HOLY MOTHER OF GOD, ARE YOU KIDDING ME? WE MAY NOT LIVE ANOTHER DAY" moments.
Oh, and it will end.
Probably.
Publicar un comentario