lunes, 3 de marzo de 2008

Halía makes friends

I love having people over. She just gets completely taken care of! Everyone wants a cuddle and to walk around with her and she doesn't mind. We had Pilar & Tony, and Eva & Bruno over with their children for lunch on Sunday. It was a nice day out and the kids had fun together outside and surprisingly they loved all Halía's toys. I would have thought they'd outgrown them, but no, still fascinating apparently. Jan got her from her nap while I was busy trying to work out if the fist was cooked. And once she arrived Pilar took her over and she didn't even spend a second in my arms. So much for "mamitis" which is what they call the I want my mommy and only my mommy stage.
Then after lunch she hung out with Eva and her son on the couch, but he finally got Halía to himself. He is really sweet with her. We were all on the same flight to Belgium for Christmas and he escorted her through the airport with her in her stroller, holding on to his finger all the way to the baggage reclaim where I think the excitement of spotting the luggage finally got the best of him :)

Not much else. The prunes are through and I'm trying to figure out what to feed her now. Apparently carrots, apples and potatoes can be constipating too. What is left besides pear?

1 comentario:

ACJ dijo...

Oatmeal, sweet potato and mango are all good ones, in addition to the lovely pear. The sweet potato and mango I don't bother mashing - she just gnaws on sticks of them.

We didn't have the constipation problem so much so I don't have any real wisdom but I wonder about a sippy cup of water (or even spoonfuls of water for that matter) while eating. I think I've read that somewhere, and it would make sense to me that water is what's missing in that scenario. Certainly, it can't do any harm. And of course, small amounts of any of those constipators are still going to be alright. Aren't they?

Your daughter is mucho cute still! Love her bath belly and congrats on getting a pedicure in. We may live normal lives again one of these days...