Well, it only took 7 months to get Halía in the pool. I´m pretty sure we were talking about it while I was still pregnant. And it was going to be Jan´s thing (as were baths, but don´t get me started). Which I guess is why it took 7 months. And so today, after I bought the swim suit and the swim diapers, which it turned out we didn´t need with the swim suit. And I drove there, and I changed her and I carried her into Jan in the pool. I took her out, I dried her, and I dressed her, and now, she has officially had her first swim with Jan. That´s it for my thinly veiled crankiness as well.
It was a bit of a bummer the whole swimming thing though, as the shallow pool wasn´t open. So I stayed out and Jan went in. As he couldn´t touch the bottom, I didn´t really encourage him to let go of the stairs! At first she was a bit unsure of what was going on, but by the end she was so chilled out she looked like she owned the place. Next time will be much more fun if she can do more than just sit on Jan. I think her highlight was the floating plastic bannana and pineapple that the nice lifeguard gave her :)
And now, on to the photos...
... ok that didn´t work, some technical thing. I will try again tomorrow. Can´t access my email either. A real drag.
It was a bit of a bummer the whole swimming thing though, as the shallow pool wasn´t open. So I stayed out and Jan went in. As he couldn´t touch the bottom, I didn´t really encourage him to let go of the stairs! At first she was a bit unsure of what was going on, but by the end she was so chilled out she looked like she owned the place. Next time will be much more fun if she can do more than just sit on Jan. I think her highlight was the floating plastic bannana and pineapple that the nice lifeguard gave her :)
And now, on to the photos...
... ok that didn´t work, some technical thing. I will try again tomorrow. Can´t access my email either. A real drag.
And now, two days later:
2 comentarios:
I'm glad you found my blog. Have checked yours (top to bottom, of course) and love the daily updates on Halia (and she does look JUST like your husband when he was a baby). I created the blog after getting too tired of emailing everyone on the planet about pregnancy progress. Like the idea about the tea (raspberry leaf, right?) but the sex seems to be another story. I'm just so uncomfortable the thought of sex is almost repulsive! Too bad for Matt. Hopefully you'll get pictures of Halia swimming up soon. I've also had problems uploading pictures the last few blogs. Is it us? Haha.
P.S.-Thanks for the pregnancy advice. No one around me is pregnant/recently with child so I haven't been receiving any good updated pregnancy advice thus far
:(
I am mostly sad not to see the photos of Halia in her first swim adventure but I will be brave until you figure it out.
I read Elizabeth's comment and wanted to let her know that if she tolerate nipple stimulation, that plus some Omega 3s are a perfect substitution for the actual sex. Technically, she can actually do it on her own in the bathtub. Hmm. I wonder if this advice for a stranger is considered inappropriate?
Anyway, I am not altogether sad to hear of your Aloha Envy as it makes me a bit more glad to be here! Sick, I know but true.
If it makes you feel better, I gave T. some zucchini today and she SPAT IT OUT! My daughter is only eating fruit. She'll probably never eat a vegetable. I'm counting on peer pressure this summer, once she starts eating with Halia.
Love you both! Only 2 more months. Not that I'm counting.
A.
Publicar un comentario