How do I look? I had just gotten out of the shower (thus the shinny face from some moisturizing cream) and was feeding the Wiggler. And I asked Jan to take some photos of us. But how did I look? He didn’t know. “I wasn’t looking at you actually.” This explains why the picture below is probably the third one ever that proves Halía is not, in fact, motherless. But I must admit to doing the same thing… if someone is holding her in a photo they are usually decapitated. And if not, then I tried really hard to remember they were there too.
So, what news? I’ve recovered from the salt water shock as I’ve since read something about saline drops. Sounds better and maybe was what she meant? Don’t think so, but hey. Not planning on using them anyway.
I’m back to being house-bound as Jan’s bike’s battery died. And I’m not motivated enough to get up at 7am to drive him to work, just so I can have the car for the day.
Halía and I went to the doctors today. She got her 4 month shots; which thankfully are on the same schedule as Canada’s so no conflicts there. But they don’t do Pneumococcal here as a matter of course (ie. they don’t stock them or give them for free), and the doctor suggested that since we had started, may as well keep going. So I can buy it from the pharmacy and then they inject it. A similar such thing happened during my pregnancy. I showed up to the clinic for some jab (great memory I have) only to find that I had to supply the drug! I walked into the farmacia to buy it, convinced I was totally misunderstanding, and they didn’t bat an eye and just handed it over. I like stuff like that. Good to have some differences in the world.
Anyway, for those of you who care, the stats on the little one are: Length 63.5 cm. Head circumference 41.5 cm. Weight 6.55 kg (14 lbs 4oz).
Me, I still haven’t been for my post-part gynaecological exam, and expected to have it today. Apparently they ‘don’t do that here’ and I got an official referral to go to a clinic in Barcelona. What was I just saying about differences in the world… ‘I like stuff like that’. Anyway, everyone (ok, one person on the phone) is in shock that I haven’t already gone. "But this appointment is for 40 days after the birth." Oops, sorry, yes, I know she is 4 months old.
So what am I up to these days? Not much, trying to organize our house which has
No rhyme nor reason. And reading about Baby Led Weaning. Sounds like it will be my plan. Basically means no mushy foods, just start ….
Ok I cant stand it anymore. Will post and o. I ave no h or g on my keyboard. Tey come and o at random. Will fill in more later. Bye.
So, what news? I’ve recovered from the salt water shock as I’ve since read something about saline drops. Sounds better and maybe was what she meant? Don’t think so, but hey. Not planning on using them anyway.
I’m back to being house-bound as Jan’s bike’s battery died. And I’m not motivated enough to get up at 7am to drive him to work, just so I can have the car for the day.
Halía and I went to the doctors today. She got her 4 month shots; which thankfully are on the same schedule as Canada’s so no conflicts there. But they don’t do Pneumococcal here as a matter of course (ie. they don’t stock them or give them for free), and the doctor suggested that since we had started, may as well keep going. So I can buy it from the pharmacy and then they inject it. A similar such thing happened during my pregnancy. I showed up to the clinic for some jab (great memory I have) only to find that I had to supply the drug! I walked into the farmacia to buy it, convinced I was totally misunderstanding, and they didn’t bat an eye and just handed it over. I like stuff like that. Good to have some differences in the world.
Anyway, for those of you who care, the stats on the little one are: Length 63.5 cm. Head circumference 41.5 cm. Weight 6.55 kg (14 lbs 4oz).
Me, I still haven’t been for my post-part gynaecological exam, and expected to have it today. Apparently they ‘don’t do that here’ and I got an official referral to go to a clinic in Barcelona. What was I just saying about differences in the world… ‘I like stuff like that’. Anyway, everyone (ok, one person on the phone) is in shock that I haven’t already gone. "But this appointment is for 40 days after the birth." Oops, sorry, yes, I know she is 4 months old.
So what am I up to these days? Not much, trying to organize our house which has
No rhyme nor reason. And reading about Baby Led Weaning. Sounds like it will be my plan. Basically means no mushy foods, just start ….
Ok I cant stand it anymore. Will post and o. I ave no h or g on my keyboard. Tey come and o at random. Will fill in more later. Bye.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario