sábado, 15 de diciembre de 2007

My mother will be shocked

Yes, I do listen to the things she says.
1) Surely the Christmas things are in the basement.
Well, I ventured down to the basement again yesterday with renewed determination coming from the woman who continually told me (and rightfully so) 'seek and ye shall find'. Usually followed by, 'if I come there and find it in two seconds you are going to be in trouble. Just look properly.' So look properly I did. I lifted up an old Ikea box that has been waiting for the recycling since April, and lo and behold, there was the Christmas box. So yes, decorations are now up in our house, and cards are on there way. Please consider them 'holiday' cards and as such their arriving before or after Christmas is of no consequence :)

2) Your blog is such a great record. I hope your saving it all.
And so I start thinking, well, maybe I should be recording more of my little 'motherhood' moments. Thus, the post of 'whyHalía will never be allowed anywhere because something bad could happen to her at any moment'.

3) Yes, I read Alison's blog a lot. She updates it all the time.
She updates it. What do I hear? I don't update it enough obviously! And so, I will endeavour to post more of the silly things that happen in my day. The silly things, because unfortunately I just don't seem to have as many thoughtful musings as my dear friend. I will try and 'think' more in the New Year. My brain is just a little lazy.

And no mom, this doesn't mean that you shouldn't ever tell me things again. (I know she'll worry that I mis-interpret everything she says and fear to mention anything at all.) It just means that yes there is hope for Halía & I, and that she will still listen to things I say to her when she is 32 (OK, 33) years old.

3 comentarios:

ACJ dijo...

Why, or why are they always right about where to find things? Makes me crazy! But I wonder, does this mean I will now know where everything is now that I'm the mom? Is this my new superpower?

You're a good daughter for making it public that you listen to her. AND follow up - my God, better than Christmas I think. Well, and the part where she's right - that's good too.

Linda dijo...

Oh my god, that is so funny!! Every mother's dream to be a voice in her daughter's head? I think not, but it is nice to know one has "some" effect. And you are right I might worry about how you interpret everything I say, but I shall try not cuz that's just plain not fun.

Kate dijo...

Yes, I find that I can pretty much answer all of Jan's 'where is this...' questions. So I think when it comes to our daughters we will indeed be as gifted as our mothers! Naturally eyes in the back of the head as well.