My darling husband does have a bit of reputation for being a little anxious about the health and well-being of his daughter - a positive attribute, and one that often provides me a great source of amusement. Ie, when resting a starbucks mug on my pregnant belly to try and pry the lid off with one hand. 'Stop! What the hell are you doing? The baby is going to come out with the starbucks logo pressed into its forehead, bloody hell.' That coupled with the incredibly (sincerely) worried expression on his face kept me laughing for hours. Indeed months, as it still does.
So reading up on baby led weaning, where babies gum down whatever steamed veggies and soft fruit and porridge etc, they can manage to get in their own mouth - instead of being spoon fed purees - it seems the main thing is choking. Which I would imagine happens with purees as well. But I thought Jan is never going to buy that argument, he is going to want liquid like purees and I'm going to spend my life in front of a blender.
Well, imagine my surprise, when I asked him today if he wanted to read anything I'd been looking at on BLW. No, he looked at me blankly, like why would I? And then when he saw my relieved and stunned expression he doubted his response. 'What, is this some hippie thing?' Like somehow that would be a problem. No, no, I assured him. 'So does this mean I can just do what I want and no complaining?' 'Sure.'
I can only assume that he wasn't actually paying attention to me. Although I have told him about the mess, and about Sweet T choking on the yellow pepper. So, I'm making this note so I can referr back to it when he is traumatized when his little girl's eyes start watering and she starts spluttering when she gnaws off a too-big chunk and it slides down the wrong way.
All this, however, is a couple months away. Hmm, what else can I find to read on the internet...
sábado, 15 de diciembre de 2007
Suscribirse a:
Enviar comentarios (Atom)
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario