Or not so much... I wanted to start food a week or two ago but as she had a cold and was having some 'sleep issues' I thought I'd delay it. However, she has now started waking twice at night and eating quite a bit both times, and I'm increasingly unimpressed! Given that she is a little wiggler I imagine she is close to starving. (She is now pushing on to her knees a lot and rocking back and forth. For some reason this makes me quite proud :)) So I figured ignore the cold and get something in her.
We started today when she was tired and about 15 mins before nap time. Thus showing how incredibly determined I was to start today. I didn't expect her to eat a lot, but I thought she would enjoy shoving some pumpkin into her mouth. Oh, so wrong dear mother... She shoves everything in her mouth, paper, toys, shoes, remote controls, and random people's fingers.... but food? Are you kidding? Didn't even occur to her. I have decided that BLW (Baby Led Weaning) actually means BMM (Baby Made Mush). So instead of the parent mashing up food you allow the child to do it. She just squeezed that pumpkin to death. And then when there was too much on her hands she just wiped her hands on her clothes or the seat.
I made a second attempt after the nap, but still no food-in-mouth impulse. Giving her a bite didn't impress her much either. I have LOADS of pumpkin left so we will try again tomorrow. Then Wednesday we are in England so I think I will be purchasing some typical baby food to get something in her... I certainly wouldn't inflict such a mess on my poor grandmother.
I'm off to bed. By the way, her toes are quite happy, if a little yellow from the iodine.
lunes, 4 de febrero de 2008
Suscribirse a:
Enviar comentarios (Atom)
1 comentario:
Bananas are good - I bet she'll love it. If you want "cereal", you could boil a bunch of rice and then give it a spin in a blender with water or breastmilk or formula - then you know what's in it. Another easy for starting one is pear - steam them for 20 min or so then again, blend or puree. Do they have pears in England?? :)
Good luck out there!
Publicar un comentario