I swear no one tells you these things. Rice? Constipating. Banana? Yup. Is it written anywhere in the 'starting your child on solids' section of any books!? Google 'baby constipated banana' and sure enough you gets lots of hits. Same thing with the rice. But I need warnings before hand the poor thing.
But apart from her excretion system, all things are go on the food front. With great joy I watched the other day as she started feeding herself (banana - which is why she has been getting it before every one of her last few meals... she can manage it with her little hands quite well). She is naturally very cute as she does it feed herself banana, examines it a lot, and makes all kinds of great faces, and bangs her feet. With the mush side of things she eats with enthusiasm and likes to be in charge of the spoon. I swear the other day I got my first 'me do' as I tried to maintain my hand on the spoon (above hers) and she kept swatting at it until she was in sole control with both hands. I know my mom is laughing.
Tomorrow morning she will be getting prunes.
But apart from BM the big news is I saw her crawl FORWARD the other day. It was only a few times (what do you call steps of a crawl? a few paces?) and was repeated today on her change table. Oh great. But apart from these two sightings she is still happily motoring around going backwards and sideways with ease. She is also now 'getting herself to sitting from lying down' which was one of the to-do's at this age. I could never see how she'd physically do it, but lo and behold she is a pro at it now.
But as I have snuck down after her late night feed to post this. It had just been too long. I am now off to bed. Hopefully this will break the trend of no postings and I'll get something up again tomorrow.
By the way, can I just mention for the record how much I love her. It is just amazing. In between sides in the feeding she just had, I was holding her and she had buried her head in between my neck and shoulder, face down so I can feel her breath. She doesn't often do it and when she does I always just close my eyes and enjoy the feeling. This time as I was in awe of how great it all is, she just did the best burp. I tried not to crack up but honestly, it is just all so funny and so great.
jueves, 28 de febrero de 2008
Suscribirse a:
Enviar comentarios (Atom)
1 comentario:
Yes, your mother is laughing.
You two are both sweet and funny. Perhaps you will have a rival as the family's best burper.
Publicar un comentario