martes, 20 de noviembre de 2007

We go to yoga

Yup, it was pretty much what I thought it was. Doing yoga over top of your baby. There were a total of 4 moms at the class I just checked out and I would say at any given time 2 of us were actually attempting some yoga. The babies alternate between 'I want food', 'I'm getting food', 'When are we going?', and 'Hey, who is that other baby?' The last one is obviously the cutest and Halía had a great time staring at Ashleigh, who pretty much ignored her. Ashleigh is a couple of weeks younger and much smaller, so if she ignores my chubby girl again, she might get beat up (by Halia, obviously, who can look like a bit of a toughie sometimes :)).

While entertaining, I did find it was pretty much a breast-feeding-on-a-mat session, and as I had to wake her up from a nap to go, don't think it will be repeated. She of course was happy throughout. But with the paying for the class and paying for parking, it doesn't seem to be a good value proposition for a little bit of socializing, cause lets face it, it doesn't count as an exercise session. Plus the other 3 women go to the Wednesday morning BCN Tots meetings, so I may as well see them there.

Not much else going on here, except it is starting to get cold. And Halía is starting to get a bit of hair. It seems to be coming in dark, which as my mom says, should be great combo of dark hair and blue eyes. There was another baby at yoga with a full head of hair, and I have to say I prefer the bald look. More baby-ish. God, am I seriously biased towards my daughter or what?

By the way, so far I have done very well at not giving other moms lots of helpful advice about how I do things. Lets see how long that lasts! Hee hee. But I mean, how can you expect your baby to wake at a normal time in the morning if you let him sleep 5 hours at a stretch during the day? Yes, I bit my tounge :)

No hay comentarios: