viernes, 3 de diciembre de 2010

Making me laugh

It may be due to the, still, chronic tiredness, but I seem to be laughing a lot lately, the kind that keeps on going, and thinking back on it days later can still crack me up.


Item one. We were on holiday last weekend. Had just arrived in our beautiful hotel room. Incredible views from every window, snow covered mountains, the lake frozen over. We’re looking forward to a great few days of relaxing family time (spot the oxymoron). The children are exploring around the room. And from the peace and quiet, Halía, trying to get out of the locked door, comes out with “Fucking morons.”


It still makes me laugh out loud. Who’s her mother?


I was laughing about it days later when we were back home, saying to Jan, not attempting to defend myself at all, that she clearly doesn’t understand what it means, cause its just not the kind of thing you say to a locked door.... oh, in less of course your talking about your parents who locked it. Oh, God, I’m giving myself a cramp from laughing.


Holiday episode 2. Restaurant. Halía takes the doily out of a bread basket and places it on her head. She turns to her father and says, “You must bow when you speak to me.” Oh, if only I’d been filming. (Turns out it comes from a Peppa Pig episode.)


And finally, the lovely Aleka. We have been doing a bit of sign language, but she just picks up words so quickly, and I can understand them, so I haven’t done that much. I had expected to do way more. And I have, obviously, not been teaching her how to sign any bad words or anything. But I think she transmits her thoughts pretty clearly here.



No hay comentarios: