It has officially turned cold here now. We were having cold mornings and then still very warm afternoons (22 degrees) until the beginning of November. But now it is cold most of the day. So that's good. Now Aleka can wear the winter coat that I bought too small for Halía. Aleka Shmika, as I still call her is a little more petit than Halía was at that age. She is still adding words at a speedy rate. And yesterday morning came out with highchair even though I had not yet used it that day. And, ok, I know I have all the maternal amazing feeling of are you really communicating with me? But I do also recognize that they aren't really fully pronounced words. But it is a consistent way of saying the same thing and her mom knows what she means. Ha Ch. C'mon, that is high chair. And of course when her mom reacts with surprise and delight, that word gets cemented in her brain and she comes out with it as often as is appropriate. Oh, I should get a video up her saying Eat Me. The two of them crack up. OK. off to go do that. And perhaps get my children some breakfast, although I'm still not hugely motivated on that front.
domingo, 21 de noviembre de 2010
What to say
I haven't got a focus for this post, but am sitting in front of the computer and both (yes, BOTH) children are watching TV. I figure I might have 4 - 6 mins to get something out. I suppose I could start with the fact Aleka watches TV. I think Halía started when she was almost 2? I don't really remember, but it definitely wasn't as young as poor Aleka. I guess that is what happens with the second born. She has managed not to have any McDonald's yet though. I do still feed her organic baby food, when we go to what Halía calls the picnic place, ie. the golden arches. It started off being a picnic in the car place because we always did drive through. It also started off being once every couple of months. And lately it has been more like once a month. It is just so quick and easy. And if you want lunch out at 12 here in Barcelona, you have no restaurant options. They don't open until 1. So you are stuck with leftover croissants from the breakfast rush and a bocadillo (sandwich with too much bread). And frankly, I get sick of those.
Suscribirse a:
Enviar comentarios (Atom)
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario