sábado, 2 de octubre de 2010

Birthday Cake For Dinner



Aleka's First Birthday! A delayed post, but I had to mark the occasion on the blog :)

Jan came home early for cake and presents, as we decided to celebrate on her actual birthday. By the time the sponge cake was laid in front of her she attacked with all her might. Grabbing fistfuls and stuffing it in her mouth. It is her approach to most meals, and not indicative of the sugar, butter, flour (in equal measures) concoction in front of her. Just for the record Halía had a store bought pear tart on her first birthday, so some things do get better for the second born!!


After the cake fest Aleka did her best to open a couple of presents but she was very tired from the IKEA shop that we'd been on earlier in the day. So the remaining gifts were opened over the next few days, whenever Halía thought of it. The birthday was a huge success for the older sister who had to help with opening the gifts and has appropriated the majority of them. One is now named Musiker. A musical pull toy. She calls a dog and I don't have the heart to point out it is a caterpillar. She has a basket for it and talks to it a lot. I'm sure Aleka will get her hands on it one day. But I also might hide it, as it makes all the quiet wooden Plan Toys I have pale in comparison.

No hay comentarios: