martes, 15 de abril de 2008

Still no picture

But I´m sure it will be coming soon. As I now have a camera in the living room. Lovely Halía has started pulling herself up to standing. First time I was having my morning tea and toast which is pretty much a play by yourself time, you may be WIDE awake, but I still like to pretend and sit quietly. Nowadays she likes to hang out by feet sometimes just to know what exciting things I´m up to. And shock, I realized as I looked down at her little cute face that it was a lot higher than normal. Yes, those are 2 feet, firmly planted on the floor! We have a milestone people!

And then 2 days of nothing. Then one more standing event. And then today it was just a free for all. Standing is now cool. She still doesn´t know what to do while she is standing. And I have to say she doesn´t look especially pleased with herself. Quite blasé and probably wondering why there isn´t something way more interesting happening up here on the couch. She can however now see into the basket we have by the fireplace, which must be kind of entertaining for her. She has been staring at it her whole life, and now she can actually see, hey, there´s wood in there. (All fire starting materials and chemicals have been removed.)

Oh, yes, and today during another, mommy is having time to herself moment, I looked up and noticed that her chin was a little dirty. Hmm, her saliva seems to be coming out a little dark. Yes, just a little ink dripping down her chin there from the Ikea catalogue 2007. Guess that is one more toy that I should take away. Man, the plugs are all taped over, the stairs protected, and now no magazines to tear up. Life is gonna start getting boring for her.

So yeah, I´ll try and record the milestone tomorrow. Pics forthcoming...

1 comentario:

Elizabeth dijo...

I can't believe Halia is almost a member of the walking world! It must be so amazing to see her working her way up to her feet on her own. I am certainly frightened when Beatrice starts in on all of the many magazines, dvds, etc in our living room--not exactly baby proofed yet!

By the way, Matt is trying to get a hold of our old landlords at the Manor Loop address but they haven't called back. Hoping they will come through and let us at least stop by to pick up the package. Either way, thanks for sending it out and thinking of us! Also, I need your address to send something out for you.

Here is my new address for the future:
277 Lorraine Avenue
Venice, FL 34293
USA