martes, 29 de abril de 2008

Great fun

I think Halía had some of her most fun ever yesterday. She got to crawl around the kitchen floor. I realize that most children have probably been doing this as soon as they can crawl but I held back, mainly because the floor is tiled and cold. That can´t be fun for her. But as she screams when left alone in the living room, there wasn´t much choice if I was going to cook her some yummy food (and a fattening cake for me). She crawled and explored like she´d always been dying to be down there but hadn´t been able to make me understand. But her incessant laughing and babbling was a clear sign that this was serious fun.

She had a plastic ball that bounced SO WELL on the floor she could hardly contain herself. And after a few minutes I put on her baby leg warmers (thanks Ruth) and felt less concerned about the cold. However I have broken two glasses on the floor lately and was kind of worried about that. And we have some ants hanging about and that kind of grosses me out (sorry, is it 1986 again?) but I thought, she can survive!

However I then saw her crawling over an ant, which then grabbed on and started crawling up her baby leg warmer (sorry Ruth) and couldn´t stand it. Fun on the floor over. Stuck her in her chair, and then I stepped on a bit of glass. Phew. I swear it is impossible to get up every little chard.

So in all my guilt I laid on the living room floor and let her crawl all over me. She is having a little bit of Mamitis at the moment and is happiest if she sees me and good grief if she has a hand on me then life is just perfect! I´m trying to teach no touching mummy´s face, no pulling mummy´s hair, and leave mummy´s glasses alone. So far a raging success as you can imagine.

Other than that, for the record, just got back from the doctors and she weighs 19 1/2lbs . and is 27 1/2 inches long. Teeth, not far away now. Her doctor, who I like, is a tad conservative on the food front though. Following her advice Halía´s diet would not be as varied as I have it. Oh, and apparently I should wait on the spinach front. It has something. Or does something. My spanish doesn´t go far enough as to say what. I´ll try googling it later if I still care to find out.

OK, she is awake now, so off to feed her. I do love her quite a bit. No standing photos in the living room though. Not sure why, but here is one of her in bed. Gotta love those legs!And I admit, I always thought sunglass photos of babies were so stupid. But now I see their appeal. She is just so cute!

Oh, and another cute thing. Sometimes when she falls or drops something she goes "oof". Yes, she just fell. Gently of course. But must go.

No hay comentarios: