lunes, 7 de enero de 2008

I will break the law

In which case, posting this probably won't allow me to claim ignornance very well. But really, I get a severe case of seperation axiety quite quickly these days. I want to go to the gym and have my lovely angel sit quietly in her car seat while I exercise and they won't let me. The room is for adults only. Which I guess I can undersstand, but she is sooooo good. They have a daycare available. I have no desire at ALL to leave her with a random person the gym happened to hire. Maybe when she is old enough to tell me if they are horrible.

However the big one is this - and there is not a hope in hell I would do this... (I cut and paste from another email.)

If you were thinking that you might make the decision a personal one of when to send your child to full-time school i.e sometime before the legally required age of 6 then please read the following information:-The Department of Education of Catalunya is deciding to bring forward the legal age at which your child is obliged to attend full-time school to 3. This comes as part of other changes to Educational legislation. This particular clause, "La Ley declarará la obligatoriedad de la educación en el segundo ciclo de la educación infantil”, is what is causing somewhat of a polemic among a segment of Catalan parents who support free education ideals. It is of great concern to the many who believe that 3 years of age is far to young to oblige children to participate in institutionalised schooling from 9-5 on a daily basis. This law will become reality, possibly by the next academic year and parents are realising the need to take action now. You may wish to send your child to school at 3, but would still like to show your support for the freedom of choice in this issue. Something to note is that the UK is currently considering delaying the school start age to 6.

Can you imagine!? 3 years old. I would apply for home schooling or something I guess. Stupid stupid idea.

No hay comentarios: