A backdated post... trying to catch up... so...
One day back in August, in our lovely home in Lions Bay, I was putting Halía to bed for the evening and Jan came into the room (you never interrupt such an event!) to tell me that the airline we were booked to fly back to Barcelona on had just filed for bankruptcy!! I went for the positive angle that at least we had lots of time to rebook, a couple of weeks, as opposed to the people that were actually sitting on a plane and kicked off (!) because the company owed the airport money. Good grief.
So, we ended up coming back early as the flight was a lot cheaper than our original date. And took advantage to have a nice holiday Monday to Friday up on the Costa Brava.
We spent two nights in Peralada at a golf/spa resort. Why? Don´t know. We don´t golf, but it seemed like the nicest place around I guess. We enjoyed it. And I even had a lovely read by the pool in warm September sun while Jan stayed in the room with a non-napping Halía. I think I´ve reached the decision to give up on naps away from home. They are just too tiring for me and rarely worth the effort and pain of watching (listening) to her protests.
Then we had another two nights in Palamós. It was great basing ourselves in two spots as we got to see more. The first was only 2 hours north and the second spot was between that and Barcelona, so the trip home was quick.
It was all a nice break for Jan who had, again, been holed up in his den all summer working on his PhD.
One day back in August, in our lovely home in Lions Bay, I was putting Halía to bed for the evening and Jan came into the room (you never interrupt such an event!) to tell me that the airline we were booked to fly back to Barcelona on had just filed for bankruptcy!! I went for the positive angle that at least we had lots of time to rebook, a couple of weeks, as opposed to the people that were actually sitting on a plane and kicked off (!) because the company owed the airport money. Good grief.
So, we ended up coming back early as the flight was a lot cheaper than our original date. And took advantage to have a nice holiday Monday to Friday up on the Costa Brava.
We spent two nights in Peralada at a golf/spa resort. Why? Don´t know. We don´t golf, but it seemed like the nicest place around I guess. We enjoyed it. And I even had a lovely read by the pool in warm September sun while Jan stayed in the room with a non-napping Halía. I think I´ve reached the decision to give up on naps away from home. They are just too tiring for me and rarely worth the effort and pain of watching (listening) to her protests.
Then we had another two nights in Palamós. It was great basing ourselves in two spots as we got to see more. The first was only 2 hours north and the second spot was between that and Barcelona, so the trip home was quick.
It was all a nice break for Jan who had, again, been holed up in his den all summer working on his PhD.


However, we still don´t have our money back from the flights. And we had booked on the same idiot airline our trip to Vancouver for Christmas. Sucks. So now we are staying in Europe, much to the joy of Belgian Granny, and having Christmas there and in England. In Belgium the big event is the evening of the 24th, so we get to share Christmas with both families, and travel the morning of the 25th (digest one huge feast on the flight to London arriving just in time to start again).
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario