We have been car-less for 6 days. That is a lot of at-home time.
For two days Halía and I didn´t even step foot outside. Oh, that is not true. I opened the garage door to get the mail on Tuesday.
But with all the kicking about, I´m getting the house slightly more organized. Her baby clothes are all packed away. I have made a Christmas list. And a to do list.
And Halía has been eating quite well. Luckily my endless opportunity to cook for her coincided with a time she actually felt like eating.
Her fun game for the week is turning lights off and on. And seeing as how I have had nowhere to go I have managed to find patience waiting with her at the bottom of the stairs to turn them off and on for a few minutes before actually going upstairs. Lucky for her the height of the light switches changes from room to room (I feel compelled to write crazy Spanish electricians here) so it doesn´t seem to get boring for her.
Other Halía highlights. She likes walking backwards. She´s been doing that for a few weeks now. Yesterday she started walking (forward) with her hands covering her eyes. She seems to go for a while and then takes her hands away to see where she has ended up. Hey, keeps her entertained. She ate plain sliced cheese for the first time this week. All previous cheese consumption has had to be melted, so this is a big new thing on the easy healthy food list. And lastly, she now seems to be quite happy to walk up stairs. One hand on the wall. No need for crawling apparently. Oh, well, I have the safety gates up now. Another landmark event in our at-home week.
That is pretty much it for me. We are off tonight for a weekend in Puigcerda in the Pyrenees. Is meant to be cool and sunny. Sounds perfect.
viernes, 14 de noviembre de 2008
Suscribirse a:
Enviar comentarios (Atom)
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario