Well, her life started out so well documented. Then we left Barcelona and the blogging dried up and my camera broke and the video camera ran out of battery and well, lets see what I can remember. A quick catch up:
New York was great. We all enjoyed the city, lots of walking around Central Park and shopping. Halía charmed everyone with her feet sticking out of the stroller, smiling and waving. We hope to go back soon.
Halía and I flew on to Vancouver ourselves and left Jan at the airport to wait all day for his flight to Barcelona. Poor thing. But at least he was conviently located next to a Starbucks. Mom picked us up at the airport and from the terminal to the car I must have hear "She is soooo cute!" about 20 times. I tried not to reply "I told you so!" every time. So grandma has just continued to be charmed and amazed every time we visit. Which I think is the perfect grandma trait. They both have a lot of fun together. And I´m sure Halía gets spoiled when I´m not looking. Tough mom that I am :)
Jan joined us for the summer 2 weeks later and it felt like it took me weeks to get the house sorted. I shouldn´t say felt like cause it actually did, and it still isn´t in a satisfactory state. The garden is in such an overgrown state it is mind boggling. I bought a weed wacker to take down the wheat that is growing in our back yard and thankfully the Home Depot man talked me out of a rechargable one. I need all the power I can get. The wheat stands about 3 feet high and, I´m not joking, there is an unidentifable plant/weed that is working its way into an apple tree and the stalk is so big I can´t cut it down. So the job continues.
Other than that Halía´s sleeping turned into a total disaster and only now seems to be sorting itself out. We had been spending 1 hour to get her to sleep at each nap and bed time. 3 hours a day is just too much. I was getting ridiculously fed up and tired. We actually rearranged her bed in the room to see if it would help her hysterical teary sobbing screaming. Yes, it was that fun.
She does now have a little bit of her first tooth through. It seems to be kind of paused on this stub which is going any further. I guess this could have been related to the screaming bed issues. Oh, and she is just dying to walk. Her favourite game at the grandparents is holding onto a chair and going up and down the length of the kitchen. The scraping on the chair is almost deafening and you can barely here the person next to you speak. But she is just so thrilled with herself that we mostly sit there smiling at her thinking how cute she is. I have a video I´ll try and post.
And the camera is getting fixed next week, and I am charging the video battery as I type, and I´ll try and get back on the posting. I´ve missed it. Just that workaholic husband of mine is always on the computer. Poor guy. He really does work too hard.
sábado, 19 de julio de 2008
Suscribirse a:
Enviar comentarios (Atom)
1 comentario:
I'm glad to see you back! But I figured with going to Vancouver it would take awhile to sort out the posting. I know I have been lazy since getting back from Michigan :(
Thanks for the advice on the rice cereal, though I have already grown to despise it. Sticky and not appetizing to Bea at all.
And glad to hear that Aunt Linda (or Grandma I should say) is embracing the role, but who wouldn't love Halia-too cute for words! My mom is also over the moon and loving it (excellent babysitter too!). Tell all the family I say hi!
Publicar un comentario