Well, the first milestone that was really obvious. The other ones, like holding her head upright, growing more eyelashes, and all her new noises, just kind of came and weren't really marked. So this one now is! She showed her first interest in trying to reach out and grab something. Notice she didn't actually grab it, but I think it still counts.
I bought her a little swing chair and where you do her 'seat belt' up (the swinging can get pretty crazy! can't be too careful) is a little fish. So I waved it around and she was quite enthralled. Used it as a punching bag for quite a while. I'm sure grabbing it is right around the corner. She loves the little swing - and I haven't even put the batteries in yet for all the lights and sounds. So easily pleased.
I was thinking today, how she is just so happy looking around at the world. Doesn't need much entertaining at all. And in a few more years, she'll be sitting in the same room which once fascinated her, calling out to me, "Mom, I'm bored!" And which point I'll probably reply like all great parents, regardless of the weather: Go play outside then!
Oh, another thing, she is now jamming her whole fist in her mouth when ever she gets the chance, and sticking her tongue out all the time. Is really funny. Yesterday while I was putting her down to sleep, she just turned her head, stuck her tongue out and then looked away. I of course cracked up, which didn't really impress her.
She has been an absolute dream since we got back though. Only one afternoon of being a bit fussy, which was because I interrupted her nap. Other than that, I think it has been 10 mins tops to get her to sleep. Knock on wood.
Will post a picture of her in her chair soon.
Holy crap. I really think I did just have a for real heart attack. Jan very thoughtfully called me a while ago to tell me that a house down the street got broken into while they were at home. It is now 10 at night, dark, windy and rainy. And he is going out for dinner with the boys, so should be home around 12 or 1. Did I really need a *&$ phone call with this news on a night like tonight? Doesn't he know that I look under beds and in closets after watching a scary movie? So the heart attack comes when the wind blows open the bathroom and bedroom doors making all kind of noise (ok, a woosh and a click noise, but still!) Heart now slowly returning to normal. Don't think Halía even moved. Fast asleep.
jueves, 4 de octubre de 2007
Suscribirse a:
Enviar comentarios (Atom)
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario