miércoles, 1 de agosto de 2007

Still pregnant

41 weeks and counting. We went to the hospital today (no, not a false alarm of contractions, though that would have been nice!) but to do a non-stress test to make sure the WeaZel is still happy in there.

Turns out he is and we also had an ultrasound to make sure there is enough amniotic fluid for him to float in, (ie. that he's peeing lots into my uterus), and to see his position (which is good).

So he now has 2 more nights to decide on his own accord to come out, and if not on Thursday they will rupture the membranes as some serious encouragement. At this point I'll be 10 days overdue. Apparently I came out under a similar threat, so maybe that is what is needed. I'm also keen to try a little reverse psychology but everyone else in the family wants to be very prepared and have everything ready 'just in case'. For example, Mom is buying Pampers, and Jan insists we park the car overnight facing in the right direction for the hospital. All very nice, but I think the kid wants to surprise people. Not gonna happen at this point!!!

No hay comentarios: