sábado, 10 de abril de 2010

Houston, We Have A Tooth

I know I shouldn't be so surprised, but I am.

Aleka has her first tooth. And her second. I think she knew that I hadn't even noticed, and finally had to resort to sticking my finger in her mouth and giving it a gnaw. I wish someone had taken a picture of my face. "What is that?" would sum up the expression of disbelief.

Halía didn't get her's until she was 11 months, so it wasn't really on my list of 'next things to expect'. And it seems so grown-up. For an attempt at describing all the loveliness that there this at this half year mark, my cousin has done better than I could. I really do need it to all slow down.

She is currently bouncing around like a mad woman. Happy as can be, while her big sister sleeps in the car, after a couple of melt downs at the beach. I don't attempt a nap for Halía anymore because she just won't do it. We do bedroom quiet time sometimes. And I think after a few days it just all catches up with her and she succumbs to a sleep in the car. This is my happy time.

1 comentario:

ACJ dijo...

*I* am shocked by the tooth. I almost feel betrayed! How could she possibly have one so soon? I need her to stay about 3.5 months old until June. Is that so much to ask??

And as an aside, re: Easter. If you had Grandmas nearby, you'd end up with chocolate at Easter. And you'd be mad about it. Until you realized you could eat it all and then blame Daddy.